Saturday, January 11, 2014

How did it get to be 2014 already?!?

My poor forgotten blog, ever since my ADHD met Twitter things just haven't been the same between me and this blog.

I hope and pray anyone who stumbles on this forsaken corner of blogger.com has a great 2014 (or whatever year it is when you read this.)

In reflecting on 2013 it was a pretty decent year. I finally finished my master's degree - Master's of Science in Information Assurance (MSIA) at Davenport University in the Spring. Overall I was pretty pleased with the program. I took the online route, and while I would have preferred to go to class and meet other people in person the convenience of online is hard to beat if you have a job and/or family or are busy like most people are. My thesis was about Stuxnet and the ways that a utility organization can prevent a similar attack from occurring in their control system/SCADA environment. Stuxnet is a fascination of mine as I work for a municipal utility, and our control systems are the crown jewels of our IT infrastructure.

My new year's resolution is to restart banjo lessons and to continue to grow in my knowledge/application of InfoSec. I know the latter is too vague, but I don't feel like writing about specifics right now. I'd rather kick back and listen to the B side of Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run, as the A side just ended. Plus my kids are chilling and they actually asked for more tunes from my little vinyl vault. Like the Kids in the Hall used to say, "Life is a pretty sweet fruit."

Peace out,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment