Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sourcefire Razorback


I had meant to post this some months ago when fall seemed far away, but the announcement (timed for Black Hat) of Sourcefire's brand new thing aka Razorback caught my interest. The meaty articles are still somewhat lacking, but this brief markety bit on Dark Reading makes it sound worth a look. And true to form from the people who brought you Snort, the new 'mean pig' logo is just cool. Now if only one of the guys I used to work with would volunteer to help me get it up and running...

2 comments:

  1. Doug, if you need anything as far as Razorback goes, drop me an email at sourcefire.com or check in on the sourceforge mailing list.

    Matt
    (molney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt, I will check the mailing list and wiki/docs.

    Also I wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for what you and the rest of the SourceFire folks do. I had the pleasure of quoting you in a job interview not long ago [for the record I gave you credit]:

    "APT: There are people smarter than you, they have more resources than you, and they are coming for you. Good luck with that."
    http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2010/03/apt-should-your-panties-be-in-bunch-and.html

    - Doug

    ReplyDelete